Utah CEC Membership
Join the Utah Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) to get cutting-edge information on special education in Utah.
CEC is the leading professional organization of educators dedicated to advancing the success of children with exceptionalities. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies set professional standards that provide professional development and offer the resources necessary for effective professional practice. CEC is known as THE source for information, resources, and professional development for special educators.
As a member of the Utah CEC Unit, you join CEC Headquarters and are automatically linked to Utah CEC member updates, conference prices, and Utah-specific information.
Professional development tailored to your local practice:
- Online and in-person Unit webinars, conferences, and other professional development events led by special education experts
- Access to Utah CEC newsletters, updates, and alerts designed to give you the resources and information you need
Support from your local network of peers:
- Opportunities to ask questions, share ideas, and connect with other special educators in your area
- Ability to get involved with Utah CEC leadership and volunteer at the local level
- Access to the exclusive CECommunity All-Member Forum
- Option to join Special Interest Divisions (additional investment required)
Membership with CEC Headquarters and resources you can trust:
- Member access to CEC's online learning, webinars, and professional development offerings through the CEC Learning Library
- Discounts on books and CEC products, as well as CEC’s Annual Convention & Expo
- Regular policy updates and access to advocacy opportunities
- Access to CEC's award-winning journals, TEACHING Exceptional Children and Exceptional Children.
Current undergraduate or graduate students who have not yet worked as a professional. Student membership is not available to those professionals seeking additional degrees or certifications. Student memberships include a Student Educator Professional Liability Insurance policy for up to $1 million of coverage (eligibility requirements apply.)
Special or general education professionals with three or fewer years of professional experience. All new professionals are welcome—classroom, itinerant, and resource teachers; support personnel; researchers; faculty members; administrators; and others.
Special or general education professionals with more than three years of professional experience and interested parties. All are welcome—classroom, itinerant, and resource teachers; support personnel; researchers; faculty; administrators; family members; retired professionals; and others.